Bajaj Pulsar bikes for Sale in Sri Lanka
Bajaj Pulsar Review
The Pulsar, which was built by the Bajaj Auto Corporation, is one of the most popular 150 cc displacement motorcycles that are being sold in Sri Lanka. From its initial introduction, the Bajaj Pulsar saw huge growth as it was able to feed the demand for midrange power bikes in the Indian market. As a result, the available engine displacements for the Pulsar also grew, with a 135 cc option for the lower end and 180 cc, 200 cc, and 220 cc options for the higher end segment, while still keeping the 150 cc variant as its default bike.
The Pulsar bikes comes with Bajaj’s DTSi technology, which stands for Digital Twin Spark Ignition and is a trademark technology of Bajaj. Even though the model is created as an entry-level power bike, the Bajaj Pulsar also has a good fuel economy level, which has also helped it to secure its place among the middle class motorcycle riders of Sri Lanka.
The New Bajaj Pulsar 2016 is Finally Here
Bajaj Pulsar 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Bajaj Pulsar 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Bajaj Pulsar 2016 compared to the 2015 model will offer a lighter form factor and improved handling.
- Front Hydraulic Disc Brake
- 1 kg Lighter Build
- Rear Nitrox Mono Shock Absorber with Canister Suspension
- Broader Tubeless Tyres
What are the New Bajaj Pulsar 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Bajaj Pulsar 2016 stands out from its competition through a powerful engine and improved safety features.
- Refined DTS-i Engine
- Efficient Liquid Cooled Engine on the 200 Cc Version
- Upgraded Low Beam Projector Headlamp
- Longer Wheelbase for Stability
What are the Bajaj Pulsar 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Bajaj Pulsar 2016 provides a more masculine look while making the bike more comfortable for the rider.
- Curved Half-Fairing with Extended Visor
- Perimeter High Stiffness Frame Design
- Curvy Flat Seat for Riding Comfort
- Step-Up Rear Seat
What is the Bajaj Pulsar 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The price of the new Bajaj Pulsar 2016 will be subject to the optional trim and the additional features offered.
- Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS 2016: Rs. 470,500
- Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 2016: Rs. 577,800
10 Things to Know When Buying a Bajaj Pulsar
1. History and Facts about Bajaj Pulsar in Sri Lanka
First designed and introduced to the market in early 2001, the Bajaj Pulsar has been one of the most successful 150 cc motorcycles to come out of the Bajaj. With an engine that was capable of producing 15.06 Ps of maximum power, the Pulsar took very little time to gain popularity especially among younger middle class consumers. In fact, by 2011, the Bajaj Pulsar claimed to have achieved 47% market share for its segment, with an average sales of roughly 86,000 units being sold each month.
Due to its sudden popularity throughout the markets the Pulsar is being sold that included Sri Lanka, the owners who bought this bike also had no problem in finding spare parts as well as enhancing accessories. Not only the authorized dealer for the brand, the David Pieris Motor Company, but also third party suppliers made sure that all additional parts are available throughout the country with relatively no hassle for the buyers.
2. Bajaj Bulsar Specifications and Performance
The Bajaj Pulsar comes with a range of performance related features to power its well-designed drivetrain on the roads of Sri Lanka.
Bajaj Pulsar Engine Specs:
- Type: 4-stroke, DTS-i, air cooled
- Size: 150 cc
- Cylinders: Single-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Output: 15.06 Ps @ 9000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 12.5 Nm @ 6500 rpm
- Starting System: Kick/ Electric
- Ignition System: DTS-i - Digital Twin Spark Ignition
- Transmission: Manual
- Clutch type: Wet
- Top Speed: 118 km/h
- Acceleration: 5 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): (2.75-17)/ (100|90-17)
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Telescopic, with anti-friction bush/ 5 way adjustable, Nitrox shock absorber
- Brakes (Front / Rear): 240 mm Ventilated Disc/ 130 mm Drum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 2055 mm x 755 mm x 1060 mm
- Wheelbase: 1320 mm
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Curb Weight: 144 kg
- Seat Height: 785 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-seats
3. Bajaj Pulsar Fuel Consumption
The base engine of the Bajaj Pulsar is powered using a 150 cc, 4-stroke, DTS-i, air-cooled locomotive, that uses a manual transmission to move its drivetrain. As a result, the Pulsar has a maximum output of around 15.06 Ps @ 9000 rpm and a maximum torque of roughly 12.5 Nm @ 6500 rpm, resulting in a top speed of 118 km/h in the process.
Regardless of its capable engine, the Bajaj Pulsar also has a very good fuel economy for its class and has recorded an overall economy of roughly 65 km/l, for a combined ride cycle in Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Supply: Carburetor
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 15 L (3.2 L)
4. Features and Design of the Bajaj Pulsar motorbike
The design of the Bajaj Pulsar has definitely been one of the factors that has made it popular within the local market and has elements such as Alloy Wheels, Telescopic Front Forks, Double Cradle Frame, Wolf Eyed Headlamp, Twin Pilot Lamps, Clip-On Handlebar, Pass Switch, Electric Start, Engine Kill Switch, LED Tail Lamps, Crystal Turn Indicators, Digital Fuel Gauge, Trip Meter, Odometer, Engine Start Button, High-Beam Pass Switch, Flat Seat Style, Clip On Handle, Clock, Stand Alarm.
5. Available Color Options of Pulsar bikes in Sri Lanka
Sapphire Blue, Ebony Black, Pearl Metallic White, Cocktail Wine Red
6. Safety Rating And Associated Features of the Bajaj Bulsar motorcycles
The safety is a highly important factor especially for a motorcycle rider in Sri Lanka. The Bajaj Pulsar has not ignored this aspect. Therefore, it offers a few important features to keep you secured while riding.
- 240 mm Ventilated Front Disc Brake
- Light Sensitive Digital Cockpit
- 1320 mm Long Wheelbase
- Day And Night Capable Headlamp
- Distance to Empty Indicator
- Side Stand Indicator
- Engine Kill Switch
- Pillion Grab Rails
7. Standout Elements of Bajaj Pulsar
When it comes to the unique features of the Bajaj Pulsar, without a doubt, one of the key elements that made it special is its sporty design, even though being offered at a price range reserved for typical city commuters.
Apart from that, another important aspect that makes the Bajaj Pulsar standout is its admirable engine performance. For a 150 cc engine, the Pulsar generates 15.06 Ps of power, which is more than enough to handle the challenging conditions found on local roads.
8. Bajaj Pulsar Compared To Other High-Featured Bikes in Sri Lanka
The Bajaj Pulsar has a few competitors in Sri Lanka and these may include the Yamaha FZ-S, the Hero Hunk and the Honda CB Trigger bikes that are being sold around the island.
- Bajaj Pulsar vs. Yamaha FZ-S - The Pulsar is cheaper in price when compared to the FZ-S
- Bajaj Pulsar vs. Hero Hunk - The Pulsar has a better fuel economy when compared with the Hunk
- Bajaj Pulsar vs. Honda CB Trigger - The Pulsar has a higher top speed if compared with the CB Trigger
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Bajaj Pulsar
If you are also one of the lucky buyers who are considering to purchase a Bajaj Pulsar, then remember to take a look at the below factors as well, which will give you a better understanding of your future buying decision.
- Attractive modern design
- Highly admirable fuel economy
- Excellent engine performance for its class
- Very good handling capabilities even on tough roads
- Wide availability of spare parts across the country
Some riders have noted that when accelerating to high speeds, the engine of the Bajaj Pulsar could begin to vibrate considerably. However, since most roads in Sri Lanka are not made for top speed, this may not be a significant issue in the long term.
The Bajaj Pulsar has a relatively heavy build form factor when it is placed side by side with some of its competitors. Nevertheless, this could also act as a stabilizing factor when riding high speeds for long distances.
10. Where to Find a Bajaj Pulsar for Sale in Sri Lanka?
One of the best locations to buy a Bajaj motorcycle is to get in contact with the official distributor for the brand, the David Pieris Motor Company Ltd. However, this is not the only option and the Bajaj Pulsar can be obtained through third party dealers, who are located in various cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Bajaj Pulsar for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Bajaj Pulsar Price in Sri Lanka
As of 2015, a Bajaj Pulsar motorcycle at is brand new condition is available for a price of between Rs. 259,000 to Rs. 561,900, subject to the level of features as well as the engine displacement offered. Used or reconditioned Bajaj Pulsar bikes are also a common sight in Sri Lanka and are available for around Rs. 155,000 for a (2010) model and around Rs. 260,000 for a (2015) model depending on the dealer as well as the condition being offered.
Bajaj Pulsar Bike Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Brand New, Reconditioned or Used Bajaj Pulsar
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i 2014: Rs. 259,000
- Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS 2015: Rs. 259,500
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 LS 2015: Rs. 298,250
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 AS (2015): Rs. 357,700
- Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS 2015: Rs. 460,400
- Bajaj Pulsar 200 RS 2015: Rs. 561,900
- Bajaj Pulsar 2010: Rs. 155,000
- Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS 2013: Rs. 175,000
- Bajaj Pulsar 2015: Rs. 260,000