Honda Dio for Sale in Sri Lanka
Honda Dio Review
The Dio from Honda is a mid-range scooter that has seen exponential growth within the Sri Lankan market. Its all-round performance, which is combined with a diverse range of features and reasonable price range, has made it an irresistible choice for both experienced as well as first time bike riders in the country. Compared to most of its competitors in the same class, the Honda Dio offers a wide range of convenience features that includes Honda’s proprietary HET Technology (Honda Eco Technology) for better fuel efficiency, a multi-function information Gauge as well as plenty of storage space for the rider.
The Honda Dio also comes with a unique Combi Brake System (CBS) from Honda that easily allows the rider to manage the braking of this bike, giving it more stability on the countries rocky roads. Overall, the Dio is a good choice for those looking for a feature rich scooter that does not break the wallet in the process.
The New Honda Dio 2016 is Finally Here
Honda Dio 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Honda Dio 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Honda Dio 2016 compared to the 2015 version will offer the latest innovative scooter technology to local buyers.
- New Individualised Styling Form Factor
- Improved Engine Train
- Upgraded Honda Eco Technology (HET)
- Restyled Tail Lamp
What are the New Honda Dio 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Honda Dio 2016 stands out from the rest of its competition by providing a more efficient drivetrain.
- Refined Brake Assist Function
- Improved 66 km/l Mileage
- Spacious Under Seat Storage Area
- Upgraded CBS Functionality
What are the Honda Dio 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Honda Dio 2016 comes with an overall refined design theme that is ideal for younger riders.
- New Dual Tone Colour Scheme
- Honda Moto Scooter Design Layout
- Reshaped Sleek Front Fender
- Bigger Tail Light Cluster
What is the Honda Dio 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The latest Honda Dio 2016 price in Sri Lanka will depend on the local dealer and the optional features offered.
- Honda Dio HET 2016: Rs. 227,500
- Honda Dio 2016: Rs. 227,500
10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Honda Dio
1. History and Facts about Honda Dio in Sri Lanka
The Honda Dio is one of the longest running scooter nameplates that is still being manufactured by the Honda Motor Corporation. First came into existence in January 1988, almost thirty years ago, the Honda Dio has seen multiple changes throughout the time, to arrive at the scooter that we see today. In the early days, the Japanese Dio was powered using a 50 cc engine, and has similarities with the Honda Elite S that was sold in USA. Later the model was offered with a 102 cc engine that came with both self-start and kick-start. However, in 2012 the Indian arm of Honda (HMSI) launched the current iteration of the Dio with a refined 110 cc engine, which was also used to power the Honda Activa range.
Currently in Sri Lanka, the country’s official Honda motorcycle distributor imports this model to the island, including spare parts as well as other accessories. Third party sellers will also provide spare parts and may service the bikes upon requests from the owners.
2. Honda Dio Specifications: Engine and Performance
The Honda Dio is a mid-range scooter and packs a variety of performance features to power its drivetrain while on the move.
Honda Dio Engine Specs:
- Type: Air cooled, 4 stroke, SI engine
- Size: 110 cc
- Cylinders: Single-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Output: 5.89 kW @ 7000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 8.77 Nm @ 5500 rpm
- Starting System: Kick/ self
- Ignition System: CDI
- Transmission: V-Matic
- Clutch type: Automatic
- Top Speed: 83 km/h
- Acceleration: 10 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): (90|100-10)/ (90|100-10)
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Spring loaded hydraulic/ spring loaded hydraulic
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Drum 130 mm/ Drum 130 mm (CBS)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 1781 mm x 710 mm x 1133 mm
- Wheelbase: 1238 mm
- Ground Clearance: 158 mm
- Curb Weight: 105 kg
- Seat Height: 765 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-seats
3. Honda Dio Fuel Consumption
The latest version of the Honda Dio has a 110 cc, Air-cooled, 4 stroke, SI engine that utilizes a V-Matic transmission to control its drivetrain. As a result, the Dio is capable of generating an output of roughly 5.89 kW @ 7000 rpm as well as a torque of around 8.77 Nm @ 5500 rpm, achieving an 83 km/h top speed in the process.
Such admirable specs might seem to effect the fuel economy of the Dio, though in reality it does not. According to data from Honda, the scooter is capable of reaching 60 km/l for a combined ride cycle on the cities and highways of Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Supply: Carburetor
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.3 L
4. Design and Features of Honda Dio Scooter
The Honda Dio’s design is a distinguishable feature on the city roads of Sri Lanka and has elements that includes Under Bone Frame Type, Body Graphics, HET Technology, 18-Liter Storage Space, Leg Space, Wider Seat, Side Stand, Footrest, Head Lamp, Pressed Steel Wheels, Tachometer, Average Fuel Economy Display, Carry Hook, Under Seat Storage, Analogue Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, Low Fuel Indicator, Pillion Footrest, LED Tail Lamp, Low Oil Indicator.
5. Available Color Options of Honda Dio bike in Sri Lanka
Candy Palm Green, Sports Red, Black, Candy Jazzy Blue
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of Honda Dio ?
The safety and security has not been ignored while designing the Honda Dio and the bike comes with a number of elements to improve your safety while on the road.
- Combi Brake System (CBS)
- Tubeless Tyres
- Low Fuel Warning Lamp
- Passenger Footrest
- Pillion Grab Rail
- Turn Signal
7. What are the Standout Elements of Honda Dio ?
From all, one of the best standout elements of this scooter is the wide range of convenience features it provides for its rider. This alone is a good reason for buying a Honda Dio in Sri Lanka.
Apart from that, another unique aspect of this bike is the inclusion of the Combi Brake System (CBS), for increased stability while maneuvering the bike on relatively high speeds. While helping to improve handling this system also improves the safety of its enthusiastic rider.
8. Honda Dio Compared To Other Motorbikes in Sri Lanka
The Honda Dio scooter has a few competitors from the local market and can be compared with the Honda Activa i, the TVS Wego and the Yamaha Ray, which are sold in Sri Lanka.
- Honda Dio vs. Honda Activa i - The Dio has a larger fuel capacity when compared to the Activa i
- Honda Dio vs. TVS Wego - The Dio has better mileage if compared with the Wego
- Honda Dio vs. Yamaha Ray - The Dio has better acceleration when compared with the Ray
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Honda Dio Scooter
A buyer who is considering purchasing this scooter should also take into account the below aspects of this bike before arriving at their final buying decision.
- Outstanding fuel economy
- Admirable handling capability
- Idiosyncratic styling form factor
- Availability of the Brake Assist functionality
- Wide availability of spare parts
Some reviewers have noted the fact that the outer body of this scooter is constructed in fiber. While this might make this bike a bit fragile, it should also be noted that this has resulted in the Honda Dio being lighter in weight, improving its overall fuel economy.
Since the Honda Dio has been around for a while, the aesthetic design of this scooter might seem a bit outdated for some riders. However, this might only be a personal issue, since the Dio has all the necessary elements to fulfill all daily commuting needs seen in Sri Lanka.
10. Where to Find a Honda Dio for Sale in Sri Lanka ?
As of now, the best method to buy a brand new Honda Dio is to purchase it from the authorized distributor for Honda bikes in Sri Lanka, the Stafford Motor Company (Pvt) Ltd. However, this is not the only option and the model can be purchased through third party dealers who are located in prominent cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Honda Dio for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Honda Dio Price in Sri Lanka
The Honda Dio is competitively priced in Sri Lanka and a brand new bike is available for a price of around Rs. 227,500 (2015), subject to the features and facilities that are offered. Used or reconditioned Honda Dio scooters are more prevalent and can cost anything between Rs. 41,000 to Rs. 75,000 (as of 2015), depending on its condition as well as the model year.
Honda Dio Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Brand New and Used Honda Dio
- Honda Dio HET 2015: Rs. 227,500
- Honda Dio 2011: Rs. 41,000
- Honda Dio 2012: Rs. 60,000
- Honda Dio XU 2013: Rs. 65,000
- Honda Dio 2014: Rs. 70,000
- Honda Dio 2015: Rs. 75,000