TVS Apache for Sale in Sri Lanka
TVS Apache Review
The Apache, which was designed and manufactured by TVS Motors, is one of the most high-end street legal motorcycles that can be seen in Sri Lanka. Available in three variations depending on the engine displacement and braking technology, the bike also has the additional code name “RTR”, which is said to stand for “Racing Throttle Response”.
One of the key elements of this motorcycle is its racing approach that includes a lap timer as well as an advanced braking system. In fact, the TVS Apache is the first bike in India to have petal disc brakes, with its current high-end model even incorporating the ABS (Anti-lock braking system) technology to increase the bikes overall handling and safety.
The New TVS Apache 2016 is Finally Here
TVS Apache 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the TVS Apache 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new TVS Apache 2016 compared to the 2015 model offers an overall refinement of safety, economy and convenience features.
- New and Improved Petal Disc Brakes
- Improved Mileage by 10 km/l
- Lighter Build by 2 kg
- New Nocturnal-Blue Backlit Display
What are the New TVS Apache 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new TVS Apache 2016 stands out from the rest of the crowd with its advanced and improved drivetrain.
- Distinctive Dual-Channel ABS Braking System
- Unique Double Cradle SynchroSTIFF Chassis
- Refined Overall 55 km/l Fuel Efficiency
- Improved 5 Step Adjustable MIG Shocks
What are the TVS Apache 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new TVS Apache 2016 comes with a number of new aesthetic updates to its exterior design.
- Redesigned Crystal Turn Indicators
- Updated Muscled Engine Cowl
- Longer and Narrower LED Tail Lamps
- Reorganized Intelligent Aerodynamic Tank Cowl
What is the TVS Apache 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new TVS Apache 2016 price in Sri Lanka is subject to its optional trim and the local dealer.
- TVS Apache RTR 150 2016: Rs. 310,900
- TVS Apache RTR 180 2016: Rs. 359,900
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a TVS Apache
1. History and Facts about TVS Apache
The power bike that many Sri Lankan motorcycle lovers have come to admire today as the TVS Apache has its origins beck in 2007, when the first production model was unveiled to the market. Armed with a 180 cc engine, the Apache is claimed to have a power output that exceeds 12 kW and was said to be capable of attaining an acceleration of less than 5.0 seconds at 0-60 km/h, making it one of the quickest accelerating street motorcycles in Sri Lanka. It is also capable of achieving 124 km/h top speed for the sheer pleasure of its rider.
The bike is currently available through the authorized TVS dealer in Sri Lanka as well as through some third party merchants, who will also provide spare parts as well as servicing for its customers.
2. TVS Apache Specifications And Performance
The TVS Apache is a reasonably powerful street legal motorcycle found in Sri Lanka, and comes with a number of features to provide the power to perform well under tough road conditions.
- Type: 4 Stroke Air Cooled
- Size: 180 cc
- Cylinders: Single-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Output: 12.52 kW (17.03 bhp) @ 8500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 15.5 Nm @ 6500 rpm
- Starting System: Electric & Kick Start
- Ignition System: IDI-Dual mode digital
- Transmission: 5-speed manual Shaft Drive
- Clutch type: Wet Multi-Plate
- Top Speed: 124 km/h
- Acceleration: 4.4 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): 90|90 x 17" (Tubeless)/ 110/80 x 17" (Tubeless)
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Telescopic Forks, 105 mm Stroke/ Monotube Inverted Gas-filled shox (MIG) with spring aid
- Brakes (Front / Rear): 270 mm Petal Disc with ABS & RLP/ 200 mm Petal Disc with ABS & RLP
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 2085 mm x 730 mm x 1105 mm
- Wheelbase: 1326 mm
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Curb Weight: 139 kg
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-adults
3. TVS Apache Fuel Consumption
As a power bike, the TVS Apache has the capability to generate a maximum output of 12.52 kW @ 8500 rpm and a maximum torque of 15.5 Nm @ 6500 rpm using its 180 cc engine. Combined with a 5-speed manual transmission, the bike can reach up to a top speed of 124 km/h and an acceleration of around 4.4 seconds at 0-60 km/h.
Due to such top-level performance, the Apache might not be the most fuel-efficient two-wheeler in the country, but can manage an overall economy of around 45 km/l on Sri Lanka’s tough roads.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular
- Fuel Supply: Carburetor UCAL BS-29
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16 L (Reserve 2.5 L)
4. Design and Features of TVS Apache
Exterior: The innovative design of the TVS Apache comes with elements such as Alloy Wheels, Tubeless Tyres, Muscled Tail Cowl, Muscled Tank, Muscled Engine Cowl, Sculpted Digital Display, Headlamps, Digital Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, Analogue Tachometer, Tripmeter, Low Fuel Indicator, Low Battery Indicator, LED-Twin Triangle Tail Light, Low Oil Indicator, Pillion Seat as well as a Clock.
5. Available Color Options of TVS Apache in Sri Lanka
For Exterior: Green, Red, Silver/ Grey, White, Black
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of TVS Apache
TVS did not forget about the safety when designing this powerful bike and provides a variety of features to keep you focused and alert for long distance rides.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Pillion Footrest
- Pillion Grab Rail
- Kill Switch
- Pass Light
- Turn Signal
7. What are the Standout Elements of TVS Apache
When it comes to the TVS Apache, the most significant standout feature is its high performance engine, which can generate a sheer 12.52 kW of power, giving this bike a top speed of 124 km/h.
Apart from its top performing engine, the Apache is also one of the few bikes seen in Sri Lanka to have the ABS brake system, making it much safer to stop at reasonably high speeds.
8. TVS Apache Compared To Other High-Featured Bikes In Sri Lanka
The TVS Apache’s status as an upper middle range motorcycle means that it can be compared with the Yamaha FZ S, the Honda CB Unicorn and the Bajaj Pulsar, which are frequently found throughout Sri Lanka.
- TVS Apache vs. Yamaha FZ S - The Apache has a more powerful engine compared to the FZ S
- TVS Apache vs. Honda CB Unicorn - The Apache has better acceleration when compared with the CB Unicorn
- TVS Apache vs. Bajaj Pulsar - The Apache has a higher top speed when compared to the Pulsar
9. Key Reasons to Buy a TVS Apache
Regardless of your intention, if you are now considering buying a TVS Apache, then also remember to consider the following aspects, to have a better perspective of your future buying decision.
- One of the most powerful engines for its class
- Superb acceleration on highways
- Plenty of seating space for two adults
- Excellent capability for long distance rides
- Availability of spare parts across the country
The high price margin of the TVS Apache is by far the most significant disadvantage of this motorcycle. However, for the amount paid you will have the opportunity to ride one of the most potent bikes currently found in Sri Lanka.
Due to its larger engine, the TVS Apache might not have the best fuel economy seen in the market. Nevertheless, the Apache is still a good all-round bike that can perform well under stressful road situations in Sri Lanka.
10. Where to Find a TVS Apache for Sale in Sri Lanka
One of the best methods to find a brand new TVS Apache is to contact the official distributor for TVS two-wheelers sold in Sri Lanka, which is TVS Lanka (Pvt) Ltd. However, the model is also available through dozens of third party distributors who are located in various cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of TVS Apache for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
TVS Apache Price in Sri Lanka
As of 2015, a brand new TVS Apache motorcycle can cost anything in-between Rs. 293,900 to Rs. 344,000, depending on the seller as well as the overall facilities offered. However, used or reconditioned TVS Apache bikes are also widely available, and can be obtained for around Rs. 65,000 for a 2006 model and around Rs. 130,000 for a 2015 model, subject to its used condition.
TVS Apache Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for New, Used or Reconditioned TVS Apache
- TVS Apache RTR 150 2014: Rs. 293,900
- TVS Apache RTR 180 2014: Rs. 344,000
- TVS Apache 2006: Rs. 65,000
- TVS Apache 2007: Rs. 70,000
- TVS Apache 2008: Rs. 75,000
- TVS Apache 2009: Rs. 80,000
- TVS Apache 2010: Rs. 85,000
- TVS Apache 150 2011: Rs. 90,000
- TVS Apache 160 2012: Rs. 95,000
- TVS Apache RTR 150 cc 2013: Rs. 110,000
- TVS Apache 2014: Rs. 120,000
- TVS Apache RTR 2015: Rs. 130,000