TVS Jupiter for Sale in Sri Lanka
TVS Jupiter Review
The Jupiter, which was designed and manufactured by TVS, is a relatively new comer to the company’s already popular line of scooter models. At its core, the TVS Jupiter is a variomatic scooter that was primarily targeted towards male riders, who enjoys riding a two-wheeler, yet with the added benefit of a modern scooter at their disposal.
With its capable 110 cc engine, the TVS Jupiter was able to generate enough power to attain an acceleration of around 11.2 seconds at 0-60 km/h and a top speed of around 62 km/h, providing more than enough energy to ride through the busy traffic in urban areas of Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, the bike also has a good level of fuel economy, by achieving above 50 km/l that is definitely a plus for the fuel conscious bike riders.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a TVS Jupiter
1. History and Facts about TVS Jupiter
The scooter that we have come to love as the TVS Jupiter was first introduced to the market in 2013, built mainly as a scooter model for the male bike riders. The Jupiter has seen considerable success from its initial launch, gaining a lot of media attention even here in Sri Lanka. In fact, the company managed to sell more than 500,000 units within just 18 months of its release, which is considered a record in the Indian two-wheeler industry.
The TVS Jupiter’s success is mainly accredited to its high level of ride comfort as well as safety, which are all vital for a rider on busy streets. Apart from that, the availability of TVS bikes have also been a positive factor with not only the authorized distributor but also third party suppliers selling this model across Sri Lanka. Spare parts and additional accessories are also not an issue, with a number of merchants importing such items to the country.
2. TVS Jupiter Specifications And Performance
As a two-wheeler built for the city riders, the TVS Jupiter is equipped with a range of performance related features to take you places that you always wanted.
- Type: 4 Stroke, Air Cooled, OHC
- Size: 110 cc
- Cylinders: Single-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Output: 5.88 kW @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 8 Nm @ 5500 rpm
- Starting System: Electric & Kick start
- Ignition System: Digital IDI
- Transmission: Primary CVT and secondary gearbox
- Clutch type: Automotic
- Top Speed: 62 km/h
- Acceleration: 11.2 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): 90|90-12, Tubeless/ 90|90-12, Tubeless
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Advance Telescopic/ gas charged mono shock
- Brakes (Front / Rear): 130 mm Drum/ 130 mm Drum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 1834 mm x 650 mm x 1115 mm
- Wheelbase: 1275 mm
- Ground Clearance: 150 mm
- Curb Weight: 108 kg
- Seat Height: 765 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-adults
3. TVS Jupiter Fuel Consumption
The TVS Jupiter is powered using a capable 110 cc, 4 Stroke, Air Cooled, OHC engine. This locomotive was able to produce a power output of around roughly 5.88 kW @ 7500 rpm and a torque of around 8 Nm @ 5500 rpm, giving it an acceleration of 11.2 seconds at 0-60 km/h.
Regardless of its engine capability, the TVS Jupiter is also a very good performer in the fuel economy department with a mileage of roughly 62 km/l on the highway, under tested riding conditions.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular
- Fuel Supply: Carburetor
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.3 L (Reserve 1.5 L)
4. Design and Features of TVS Jupiter
Exterior: The design of the TVS Jupiter includes features such as Alloy Wheels, Tubeless Tyres, Headlamp, LED Tail Lamp, Econometer, Leg Space Area, Rider Seat, Kick Starter, Low Fuel Indicator, Retractable Bag Hooks, Under-Seat Storage, Mobile Charger Provision, Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, Low Battery Indicator, Pillion Footrest, Pillion Grabrail, Low Oil Indicator and a Luggage Box.
5. Available Color Options of TVS Jupiter in Sri Lanka
For Exterior: Mettle Blue, Stallion Brown, Titanium Gray, Sparkling Silver, Midnight Black, Volcano Red, Pristine White
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of TVS Jupiter
Even though being a scooter, the TVS Jupiter does not compromise on the essential safety and security related features, and offer a number of options to keep you focused and alert, when riding on Sri Lanka’s busy roads.
- Stainless Steel Muffler Guard
- Full Metal Body
- Pass-By Switch
- Key Shutter Lock
- Parking Brake
- Dual Side Handle Lock
- Centre Stand
- Brake Signal Lamp
7. What are the Standout Elements of TVS Jupiter
One of the key aspects of the TVS Jupiter that helps it to stand out from the rest of the crowd is its excellent fuel economy. At 62 km/l on a highway ride, the Jupiter is more than capable to handle Sri Lanka’s city commutes.
Apart from this, another key aspect that helps this scooter to differentiate itself is the amount of convenience features offered for the rider. Such options not only help to ease the ride but will also help the rider to focus for better safety.
8. TVS Jupiter Compared To Other High-Featured Bikes In Sri Lanka
There are a number of competitors for the TVS Jupiter that is currently being sold in the Sri Lankan scooter market. Some of these top competitors include the
Yamaha Alpha, the Honda Activa and the Suzuki Swish 125
- TVS Jupiter vs. Yamaha Alpha - The Jupiter has a more powerful engine compared to the Alpha
- TVS Jupiter vs. Honda Activa - The Jupiter has a lighter build compared to the Activa
- TVS Jupiter vs. Suzuki Swish 125 - The Jupiter has better fuel economy when compared to the Swish 125
9. Key Reasons to Buy a TVS Jupiter
If you are now considering buying a TVS Jupiter scooter for personal or home use, then consider the following facts as well, which will give you a better perspective on your future buying decision.
- Wide availability of spare parts in Sri Lanka
- Excellent fuel economy under city riding conditions
- Reasonably powerful engine to handle the country's road situation
- Competitive pricing strategy for brand new bikes
- Reliable performance for intensive daily use
One of the most noticeable disadvantages of the TVS Jupiter might be its relatively low luggage space. However, for a typical rider the space provided might be more than useful for everyday activities.
Some riders have mentioned that the overall design of the bike is a bit too conventional for their taste. Nevertheless, the TVS Jupiter is a well-designed productive scooter that offers all the necessary elements for a comfortable ride.
10. Where to Find a TVS Jupiter for Sale in Sri Lanka
Similar to many brand new scooters sold in Sri Lanka, the best place to buy a TVS Jupiter is its official distributor, TVS Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, which is located in Wattala. However, a number of third party distributors also sell this model, and are located in prominent cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of TVS Jupiter for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
TVS Jupiter Price in Sri Lanka
A brand-new TVS Jupiter bike is available for around Rs. 218,000 (2015), depending on the dealer as well as the additional facilities offered. Used or reconditioned models are also widely available in the market and can cost anything in-between Rs. 105,000 to Rs. 160,000 as of (2015), subject to its used state as well as the built year.
TVS Jupiter Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for New TVS Jupiter
- TVS Jupiter 2014: Rs. 218,000
Price for Reconditioned or Used TVS Jupiter
- TVS Jupiter 2013: Rs. 105,000
- TVS Jupiter 2014: Rs. 120,000
- TVS Jupiter 2015: Rs. 160,000