TVS Metro for Sale in Sri Lanka
TVS Metro Review
The TVS Metro is a standard entry-level motorcycle that is being sold in Sri Lanka at a very competitive price range. As a motorcycle brand TVS has been a success in Sri Lanka due to its low price yet highly reliable offerings and the TVS Metro, has definitely hit the sweet spot on all these categories. The model is offered with a range of admirable specs for both safety as well as performance, and is primarily being used by the countries middle class office workers, students and small-scale businessmen.
The TVS Metro’s budget level offering means it also has a number of competitors within the local market with models offered by Hero, Bajaj, Honda and even Suzuki. However, the metro is a top-notch value for money offering that has certainly made an impact on Sri Lanka’s bike riding masses.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a TVS Metro
1. History and Fact about TVS Metro History
First introduced to the world by TVS in 2009, the TVS Metro has seen an almost an explosion of success not only within Sri Lanka, but also in a number of other Asian markets. The bike is light weigh, cleverly designed and offers very high level of fuel savings that has been the main causes of its success, giving it a stable position among the motorcycle riders of Sri Lanka.
TVS has done a number of changes to the Metro lineup throughout the years, improving its overall performance to fit the needs of today’s demanding bikers. The wide availability of the TVS Metro means that is also not running short on spare parts, giving more reasons for buying this bike for long-term purposes.
2. TVS Metro Specifications And Performance
The TVS Metro might be a bike made for the average rider, but it does not shy away from performance and comes with a range of efficient features to move forward.
- Type: 4-Stroke Dura Life Engine
- Size: 100 cc
- Cylinders: Single cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.15:1
- Maximum Output: 5.50 kW (7.5 BHP) @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 7.5 Nm @ 5000 rpm
- Starting System: Electric & Kick
- Ignition System: A/C DIGITAL CDI
- Transmission: 4-Speed Constant Mesh
- Clutch type: Wet Type & Multi Plates
- Top Speed: 80 km/h
- Acceleration: 7.6 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): 2.75 X 18/ 3.00 X 18
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Telescopic Hydraulic Fork (110 mm Stroke)/ Spring Loaded Hydraulic (78 mm Stroke)
- Brakes (Front / Rear): 110 mm Drum/ 110 mm Drum
- Wheelbase: 1250 mm
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Curb Weight: 108 kg
- Seat Height: 780 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-seats
3. TVS Metro Fuel Consumption
The engine of the TVS Metro motorcycle is powered by a 100 cc, single cylinder, 4-Stroke Dura Life locomotive. This configuration has resulted in a maximum output of 5.50 kW @ 7500 rpm and a maximum torque of 7.5 Nm @ 5000 rpm, giving it a reasonable top speed of roughly 80 km/h in the process.
Such moderate configurations have also given the TVS Metro a favorable edge on the fuel efficiency department, with the bike recording around 87 km/l on a combined ride cycle. For many Sri Lankan’s, this will provide the level of savings they expect from a highly productive motorbike.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel System: Carburetor
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16 L (Incl. 2.5 L Reserve)
4. Design and Features of TVS Metro
Exterior: The composite design of the TVS Metro includes elements such as Alloy Wheels, Head Lamp, Tail Lamp, Turn Lights, Digital Dashboard, Fuel Tank, Front Wheel Mudguard, Real Wheel Mudguard, Passenger Footrest (Left/ Right), Kick Starter, Foot Clutch, Handle Accelerator, Handle Mounted Brake, Speedometer as well as a Fuel Level Indicator.
5. Available Color Options of TVS Metro in Sri Lanka
For Exterior: Red & Black, Green & Black, Orange Black, Blue Black, Red, Gray, White
6. How is Safety Rating And Associated Features of TVS Metro
For any motorcycle rider, particularly in Sri Lanka, the safety on the road is a very important factor. TVS has thought about the safety and security issues and has included a number of essential features on the TVS Metro, to keep you protected on the road. These includes:
- Dashboard Gage
- RPM Indicator
- Silencer Guard
- Brake Lights
- Signal Lights
- Chain Guard
- Side-View Mirrors
- Front / Rear Drum Brakes
7. What are the Standout Elements of TVS Metro
By far the most significant standout element of this motorcycle is its reliable and robust performance, especially for its competitive pricing category, which makes this a good value for money offering for its class.
Another important standout feature of the TVS Metro is that it is offered in seven different exterior color options, which is plentiful, to be appealing for the bike riding masses of Sri Lanka.
8. TVS Metro Compared To Other High-Featured Bikes In Sri Lanka
As a midrange motorcycle that is built for the masses, the TVS Metro can be compared with the Bajaj Discover, the Bajaj Platina and the Honda CB Twister, which are widely sold throughout Sri Lanka.
- TVS Metro vs. Bajaj Discover - The Metro has better fuel economy when compared with the Discover
- TVS Metro vs. Bajaj Platina - The Metro has a higher fuel capacity when compared with the Platina
- TVS Metro vs. Honda CB Twister - The Metro is cheaper in price when compared with the Twister
9. Key Reasons to Buy a TVS Metro
If you are an office worker who is thinking about buying this two-wheeler for your daily commutes, then also remember to consider the following aspects, for a more informed buying decision.
- Very high fuel efficiency, especially on Sri Lanka’s busy cities
- Highly affordable price margins for brand new models
- Admirable level of features for the convenience of the rider
- Availability of spare parts throughout the country
- Having an official distributor to provide important aftersales services
The TVS Metro is primarily built for city commutes on a daily basis. Therefore, the top speed of this bike might not be for the liking of some users. However, the Metro offers plenty of power for typical commutes in Sri Lanka.
Some bike reviewers have stated that the overall aesthetics of this bike is too average for their taste. Nevertheless, the looks are always subject to personal preference and may not be an issue for the countries daily commuters.
10. Where to Find a TVS Metro for Sale in Sri Lanka
The TVS Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, which is located on No. 38, Old Negombo Road, Wattala, is the authorized distributor for branded TVS motorcycle models sold in Sri Lanka. However, if you would like to explore your options or buy a used/ reconditioned TVS Metro, then also remember to search through third party distributors, who are based in a number of prominent cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of TVS Metro for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
TVS Metro Price in Sri Lanka
A brand new TVS Metro can be purchased for a price of around Rs. 159,900 to Rs. 197,900 as of (2015), subject to the overall features being offered.
TVS Metro Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for New TVS Metro
- TVS Metro 2014: Rs. 159,900
- TVS Metro ES 2015: Rs. 162,900
- TVS Metro Plus 2014: Rs. 197,900
- TVS Metro Plus 2015: Rs. 197,900