TVS Scooty Zest for Sale in Sri Lanka
TVS Scooty Zest Review
When it comes to the unique bike segment of scooters that we see every day on Sri Lankan roads, it reminds us what TVS has done to make this category a go to segment, especially for the first time bike riders of our country. Ever since the launch of the first generation Scooty’s by TVS in the early 90’s, the model has come to represent the change that is happening in the wider socio economic environment of Sri Lanka.
The TVS Scooty Zest has an unmistakable design that combines a high level of fuel economy with a nifty handling capability, which is, to say the least, is what makes this bike a success in Sri Lanka.
The New TVS Scooty Zest 2016 is Finally Here
TVS Scooty Zest 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the TVS Scooty Zest 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The TVS Scooty Zest 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with an array of improvements to its drivetrain.
- 1.5 kg Lighter Build
- Upgraded Top Speed by 5 km/h
- Improved Acceleration
- Enhanced Analog Use Speedometer
What are the New TVS Scooty Zest 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new TVS Scooty Zest 2016 stands out by providing a number of comfort and convenience features.
- Advanced CVT Transmission
- Patented Centre Stand
- Innovative Telescopic Frontal Suspension
- Built-In USB Smartphone Charger
What are the TVS Scooty Zest 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new TVS Scooty Zest 2016 offers a range of design updates to its exterior layout.
- New Pearl Peach Colour Option
- Refined Halogen Based Headlamp
- Polished Stainless Steel Muffler Guard
- Painted Switch Panel
What is the TVS Scooty Zest 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The TVS Scooty Zest 2016 price in Sri Lanka will depend on the optional features offered and the local distributor.
- TVS Scooty Zest 2016: Rs. 210,900
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a TVS Scooty Zest
1. History and Facts about TVS Scooty Zest in Sri Lanka
The legacy of the Scooty goes as far back as 1996 when its maker, the TVS Motor Company of India, launched its first generation 60 cc ES model for the competitive Indian market. Due to its attractive designed, the two-wheelers spent no time becoming a huge success among the scooter-riding consumers.
The success of the previous generation models has brought the newly revamped TVS Scooty Zest for the Sri Lankan market, and is showing all signs of becoming a hit scooter among the motorcycle enthusiasts of Sri Lanka. Spare parts for this model are widely available from third party suppliers and the official distributor for the brand in the country, TVS Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, will provide servicing and other facilities for those who decided to become an owner of this capable Scooter.
2.TVS Scooty Zest Specifications And Performance
The TVS Scooty Zest can easily be described as a powerful bike coming in a small package and therefore has a number of performance related features, to have the attention of classic motorbike riders of our country.
- Type: 04 stroke CVTi air-cooled Engine
- Size: 110 cc
- Cylinders: Single cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Output: 5.9 kW @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 8.7 Nm @ 5500 rpm
- Starting System: Self/ Kick
- Transmission: Automatic
- Top Speed: 80 km/h
- Acceleration: 11.1 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): 90 |100 – 10, Tubeless/ 90 | 90 – 10, Tubeless
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Telescopic/ Double rated hydraulic mono shock
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Drum 110 mm/ Drum 130 mm
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 1770 mm x 660 mm x 1139 mm
- Wheelbase: 1250 mm
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 150 mm
- Curb Weight: 98.5 kg
- Seat Height: 760 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-seats
3.TVS Scooty Zest Fuel Consumption
The Zest uses a more powerful 110 cc, 04-stroke CVTi air-cooled engine with an automatic transmission to power its drivetrain. It also comes with a number of nifty features to give you more control on the Zest’s fuel efficiency, which includes an Econometer and a Long-Idling Indicator.
Combined with these the TVS Scooty Zest has managed to achieve an overall fuel economy of around 62 km/l, on the countries city roads.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Fuel Supply: Carburetor
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 05 L
4. Design and Features of TVS Scooty Zest
Exterior: The design of the TVS Scooty Zest includes elements such as Twilight Lamps, Back-Lit Speedometer, Leaf Shaped Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, The Textured Floorboard, Double-Stitched Seats, Stainless Steel Muffler Guard, Painted Switch Panel, 19 Liter Under-Seat Storage, Front Bag Hook, Under Seat Bag Hook, Under Seat Helmet Hook, Front Glove Box, Main Seat, Kick Starter and a Hugger Fender.
5. Available Color Options of TVS Scooty Zest in Sri Lanka
For Exterior: Spirited Silver, Terrific Turquoise, Powerful Pink, Daring Black, Dynamic White, Fiery Red
6. How is Safety Rating And Associated Features of TVS Scooty Zest?
The safety is something that usually takes the back seat when it comes to motorcycles and scooters. Nevertheless, the TVS Scooty Zest is equipped with a number of elements to keep its riders secure on Sri Lankan roads.
- EaZy Centre-stand (Patented technology)
- Hydraulic Monoshock
- Anti-Skid Tubeless Tyres
- Parking Brake
- Bright MFR Headlamp
- Built In Indicator Buzzer
- Pass Switch
- Passenger Footrest
7. What is the Standout Elements of TVS Scooty Zest
By far one of the most significant differentiating factors of the TVS Scooty Zest is its powerful 110 cc engine that comes as a welcoming aspect, which is a clear standout from most scooter models found in Sri Lanka.
Apart from having a well capable engine, the Scooty Zest is also one of the safest two-wheelers found in its class, creating another important reason for buying this bike for your daily use.
8.TVS Scooty Zest Compared To Other High-Featured Scooters In Sri Lanka
The TVS Scooty Zest can be compared with a number of competitors that are sold in Sri Lanka, which includes the Honda Activa I, the Yamaha Ray and the Hero Pleasure, respectively.
- TVS Scooty Zest vs. Honda Activa i - The Zest is much lighter in weight compared to the Activa i
- TVS Scooty Zest vs. Yamaha Ray - The Zest has a larger under seat storage compared to the Ray
- TVS Scooty Zest vs. Hero Pleasure – The Zest has a bigger engine compared to the Pleasure
9. Key Reasons to Buy a TVS Scooty Zest
If you are a prospective bike buyer, who is thinking about making the switch to a TVS Scooty Zest, then also remember to consider the following aspects, which can be very helpful for your future buying decision.
- A well capable engine for both city riding as well as long commutes in Sri Lanka
- Easy handling even for first time bike riders
- Superb safety features for its class
- Wide availability of spare parts from both the official distributor as well as other suppliers
- Admirable aftersales value in Sri Lanka
Being a scoter, one of the more noticeable drawbacks of the Scooty Zest is its top speed, which is limited to around 80 km/h. However, the bike is more than capable to handle city-riding conditions of Sri Lanka.
The price of the TVS Scooty Zest at its brand new condition may also be a drawback for some buyers. However, it is equipped with an array of features to justify its price margin.
10. Where to Find a TVS Scooty Zest for Sale in Sri Lanka
The TVS Lanka (Pvt) Ltd., which is a subsidiary and a joint venture between Sri Lanka’s United Motors Lanka PLC., and India's TVS Motor Company, is the authorized distributor for branded TVS two-wheelers sold in Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, for those who wish to buy a TVS Scooty Zest can also contact prominent third party dealers, who are based in major cities across the island.
Discover the Selection of TVS Scooty Zest for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
TVS Scooty Zest Price in Sri Lanka
As a popular scooter model in Sri Lanka, a TVS Scooty Zest can be bought in its brand new condition to a price of around Rs. 240,900 (2015), subject to the level of facilities being offered. A reconditioned or used Scooty Zest can also be bought and can cost around Rs. 80,000 as of (2015), depending on its used condition as well as the built year.
TVS Scooty Zest Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for New TVS Scooty Zest
- TVS Scooty Zest 2015: Rs. 240,900
Price for Reconditioned or Used TVS Scooty Zest
- TVS Scooty Zest 2015: Rs. 80,000