TVS Wego for Sale in Sri Lanka
TVS Wego Review
The Wego, which was designed and created by the TVS Motor Company, is a unisex scooter that was initially mass marketed in India. It was launched as a more high-end successor to the company’s highly popular Scooty brand. With a slightly more robust powertrain, the Wego was expected to gain the attention of men, who also preferred the convenience of a productive scooter bike for their daily activities.
Similar to most other models made by TVS, the Wego is also a huge success in Sri Lanka, mainly due to its superb mileage that is capable of achieving more than 50 km/h on the country's urban roads. The Wego is also equipped with a number of innovative safety features that includes warning sensors and protection shields, which are certainly a plus when riding in tight urban areas.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a TVS Wego
1. History and Fact about TVS Wego
First released to the world in 2009, the TVS Wego was a successful attempt from the company, to create a more capable scooter that can attract both men as well as women. Armed with a base 110 cc engine and an efficient V-matic transmission, the Wego spent no time becoming a hit, even in Sri Lanka from its initial release.
Available from both the country’s official TVS distributor as well as through third party suppliers, the cost of maintaining a Wego is relatively at a low level, with wide accessibility of spare parts and servicing options for the bike owners. The scooter also has a good aftermarket value in Sri Lanka, meaning that buying this bike can also be a smart investment for the future.
2. TVS Wego Specifications And Performance
The TVS Wego comes with a range of well capable performance related features, to carry its riders quickly and safely to their planned destination.
- Type: 4-stroke, CVTi, Single Cylinder, air cooled, OHC
- Size: 110 cc
- Cylinders: single cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Maximum Output: 5.88 kW @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 8 Nm @ 5500 rpm
- Starting System: Electric/ Kick
- Ignition System: Self and Kick
- Transmission: V-matic
- Clutch type: Dry
- Top Speed: 85 km/h
- Acceleration: 11.2 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): 90|90 x 12 inches/ 90|100 x 12 inches
- Suspension (Front / Rear): In-Line Telescopic/ Unit swing with spring loaded hydraulic damper
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Drum 130 mm/ Drum 130 mm
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 1834 mm x 640 mm x 1115 mm
- Wheelbase: 1275 mm
- Ground Clearance: 150 mm
- Curb Weight: 108 kg
- Seat Height: 770 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-adults
3. TVS Wego Fuel Consumption
The Wego is a high-end scooter from the TVS Motor Company. The bike has a 110 cc, 4-stroke, CVTi, air cooled, OHC engine that managed to produce a maximum power of 5.88 kW @ 7500 rpm and a maximum torque of 8 Nm @ 5500 rpm, while using a V-matic transmission to power its drive train.
Nevertheless, regardless of its admirable power, the TVS Wego has also achieved a very good fuel economy in Sri Lanka, with the scooter recording around 62 km/l on tested highway conditions and around 55 km/l on a combined ride cycle.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular
- Fuel Supply: Carburetted
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.0 L (Reserve 1.0 L)
4. Design and Features of TVS Wego
Exterior: The composite design of the TVS Wego includes elements such as Alloy Wheels, Tubeless Tyres, Headlamp, LED Tail Lamp, Full Digital Speedometer, Odometer, Fuel Gauge, Double Stitched Hysteresis Seat, External Fuel Tank, 16-Liter Under Seat Volume, Mobile Charger Provision, Center Stand, Eco Mode Indicator, Engine Start Button and a Service Reminder.
5. Available Color Options of TVS Wego in Sri Lanka
For Exterior: Dual Tone Red, Dual Tone White, Volcano Red, Sporty White, Mercury Grey, Midnight Black, Cappuccino Brown
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of TVS Wego
As a two-wheel rider, you perfectly understand the importance of safety when riding a bike on Sri Lanka’s tricky roads. TVS has been sensitive to the safety factor, and has included a number of features to ensure a safe journey.
- Smart Alert System
- Stainless Steel Muffler Guard
- Golden Eye Indicators
- Real Mono-Shock Absorbers
- Dual Side Handle Lock
- Ignition Key Glow
- Clear-Lens Multi Reflector Headlamp
- Parking Brake
- Low Battery Indicator
7. What are the Standout Elements of TVS Wego
If the TVS Wego is kept side by side with most other scooters, one of the most distinctive features of this bike is going to be its excellent fuel economy. At 62 km/l on the highway, the Wego can save a lot of money for its rider.
The overall safety options available in the TVS Wego is another strong standout feature, which will be highly useful on the country’s tough roads.
8. TVS Wego Compared To Other High-Featured Bikes In Sri Lanka
For being a scooter model, the TVS Wego can be compared with the Honda Activa i, the Hero Pleasure and the Suzuki Swish 125, which are found throughout the country.
- TVS Wego vs. Honda Activa i - The Wego has more seating space compared to the Activa i
- TVS Wego vs. Hero Pleasure - The Wego has a more powerful engine when compared with the Pleasure
- TVS Wego vs. Suzuki Swish 125 - The Wego has better mileage compared with the Swish 125
9. Key Reasons to Buy a TVS Wego
If you are thinking about buying a TVS Wego scooter, for personal or home use, then also remember to consider the following aspects of this bike, which will help you to make a better buying decision in the near future.
- Very good fuel economy for city riding in Sri Lanka
- Wide availability of spare parts in many regions of the country
- Ample seating space for two full-grown adults
- Highly reliable performance in tough terrain
- High aftermarket value for used scooters
One of the biggest disadvantages of the TVS Wego is its luggage space, which is less than what most of its competitors would provide for their riders. However, the cargo area provided in the Wego is enough for most daily activities in Sri Lanka.
Some Sri Lankan riders may not like the aesthetics of the TVS Wego and may consider it a bit old fashion. Nevertheless, this bike is a highly capable machine that offers good value for money.
10. Where to Find a TVS Wego for Sale in Sri Lanka
The TVS Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, which is located in Wattala, is the official distributor for TVS bikes currently being sold in Sri Lanka. However, for those who are looking for a reconditioned or used bike can also get in contact with the dozens of third party distributors that are based in prominent cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of TVS Wego for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
TVS Wego Price in Sri Lanka
As of 2015, a brand new TVS Wego scooter can cost anything in-between Rs. 215,900 to Rs. 217,900, depending on the seller as well as the overall facilities being offered. Used or reconditioned scooters are also available through independent or third party sellers and can be obtained for around Rs. 103,000 to Rs. 170,000 (2015), subject to its secondhand condition as well as the built year.
TVS Wego Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for New TVS Wego
- TVS Wego 2014: Rs. 215,900
- TVS Wego 2015: Rs. 217,900
Price for Reconditioned or Used TVS Wego
- TVS Wego 2010: Rs. 103,000
- TVS Wego 2011: Rs. 105,000
- TVS Wego 2012: Rs. 118,000
- TVS Wego 2013: Rs. 120,000
- TVS Wego 2014: Rs. 129,000
- TVS Wego 2015: Rs. 170,000