Yamaha FZ 16 for sale in Sri Lanka
Yamaha FZ16 Review
The New Yamaha FZ 16 2016 is Finally Here
Yamaha FZ 16 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Yamaha FZ 16 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The Yamaha FZ 16 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a number of notable improvements to its drivetrain.
- Stylish New Digital Speedometer
- New Chain Protector
- Improved Mileage up to 5 km/l
- Smoother Transmission
What are the New Yamaha FZ 16 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Yamaha FZ 16 2016 stands out from the rest of the crowd by offering latest sports level features.
- Innovative and Stylish Mudguard
- Modern Sporty Form Factor
- Powerful Front Disk Brakes
- Compact Black Front Fork
What are the Yamaha FZ 16 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Yamaha FZ 16 2016 has a range of new design improvements to its overall exterior looks.
- Latest Reshaped Headlight
- Modern Muscular Looks
- New Centre Aligned Tail Light Design
- Updated Eye-Catching Body Graphics
What is the Yamaha FZ 16 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new Yamaha FZ 16 2016 price in Sri Lanka will depend on the local importer and the optional trim.
- Yamaha FZ - 16 Version 2.0 2016 Rs. 390,400
Top 10 Things to Know When Buying a Yamaha FZ-16
1. History and Interesting Facts about Yamaha FZ-16 in Sri Lanka
The Yamaha FZ-16 is an award-winning bike that has been in production since 2008. It was awarded the "Bike of the Year" award from Autocar, Zigwheels and UTVi in India alongside the "Viewer’s Choice" award in 2009. In Sri Lanka, the Yamaha FZ-16 enjoys a considerable amount of popularity and praise from bike fanatics. Over a short period, it has moved on to become one of the most sought-after bikes being sold in the country.
The FZ-16 also provides a surprisingly comfortable ride for both the rider and passenger. At the front of the bike is a Telescopic Fork shock absorber, a coil spring, and the rear of the bike has a swing-arm coil spring, which together can soak up the bumps on Sri Lankan roads. It is a worthy buy in Sri Lanka. Not only does it deliver commendable fuel economy figures, but it also looks exceptional and handles well. This is probably one of the best bikes in the local market.
2. Yamaha FZ16: Specifications: Engine and Performance
Compared to most other motorcycles found in Sri Lanka, the Yamaha FZ-16 is a reasonably powerful bike with a well-built drivetrain to power itself on busy city roads.
Yamaha FZ-16 Engine Specs:
- Type: Air cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve
- Size: 153 cc
- Cylinders: Single-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Output: 14 PS @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 13.6 Nm @ 6000 rpm
- Starting System: Electric
- Ignition System: CDI
- Transmission: Return type 5-speed
- Clutch type: Constant mesh wet multiplate
- Top Speed: 125 km/h
- Acceleration: 5.3 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): (100|80-17M|C (52P) NYLOGRIP ZAPPER-FX1)/ (140|60-R17M|C (63P) revz-Y)
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Telescopic/ Monocross
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Hydraulic single disc/ drum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 1,990 mm x 770 mm x 1,030 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,330 mm
- Ground Clearance: 160 mm
- Engine Oil Volume: 1.2 L
- Curb Weight: 137 kg
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-seats
3. Yamaha FZ16 Fuel Consumption
The Yamaha FZ-16 in Sri Lanka is powered by a 4-stroke, SOHC, 2 valve engine with a displacement of 153 cc. The engine is paired with a 5-speed manual constant meshtransmission system, which can help the bike achieve a maximum speed of 125 km/h.
Overall, the Yamaha FZ-16 has recorded impressive fuel economy figures. An FZ-16 bike in Colombo or in other inner city areas can deliver a fuel efficiency of between 35-40 km/l, while a bike on the highway can achieve between 45-50 km/l in the long run.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Supply: Carburetor BS26
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 12 L
4. Design and Features of Yamaha FZ16
The Yamaha FZ-16 in Sri Lanka is easily one of the best-looking bikes in its class. The design was inspired by the "naked bike" concept and is molded after its brother theYamaha FZ-1. In fact, the Yamaha FZ-16 is often dubbed as a toned down version of the FZ-1. This bike has presence and the structure is built to look and feel solid yet sporty.
An attractive LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) console greets you the moment you get on the bike. This console gives the rider all the relevant information at a glance and includes a speedometer, tachometer, trip meter and fuel gauge. Yamaha has included many additions to the FZ-16 in Sri Lanka, such as a slightly longer and wider pillion seat coupled with a grab bar, a reworked fender that is longer and wider, a chain protector and a mid-ship muffler.
The overall design of the Yamaha FZ-16 is a very distinguishable figure on the road, and comes with elements such as Diamond Frame, Multi-Reflector Type Headlight, Turn Signal Light, Rear Fender, Black Front Fork, Pillion Seat, Meter Console, Grab Bar, Two-Pot Caliper, Muffler Shield, Split Seats, Fuel Tank, Digital Speedometer, Digital Tachometer, Tripmeter, Tachometer, Pillion Footrest, Fuel Guage, Low Oil Indicator, Alloy Wheels.
5. Available Color Options of the Yamaha FZ-16 in Sri Lanka
Scorching Red, Panther Black, and Electric Blue
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of the FZ16 bike?
For being a well thought-out motorcycle design, the Yamaha FZ-16 has certainly not forgotten about the safety of the riders, and is offered with a number of features to keep them secured while on the road.
- Chain Protector
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Split Type Aluminum Handle Grabs
- Muffler Protector
- Puncture Resistant Radial Tyres
- Low Fuel Indicator
- Kill switch
7. Best Elements of Yamaha FZ16
The Yamaha FZ-16 in Sri Lanka comes with many features that helps the bike stand out. One of the most talked about constituents would be the engine itself. The new 2-valve engine is capable of giving the riders a breathtaking pick up which definitely comes in handy when overtaking.
The inclusion of the Monocross suspension at the rear of the bike has helped enhance the Yamaha FZ-16`s overall agility and provides better handling, whilst reducing the "bottoming effect" when riding for long distances.
8. Yamaha FZ16 Compared To Other Motorcycles in Sri Lanka
The Yamaha FZ-16 can be compared with the Suzuki Gixxer, the Yamaha Fazer and the Bajaj Pulsar that are commonly found across Sri Lanka.
- Yamaha FZ-16 vs. Suzuki Gixxer - The FZ-16 has a higher top speed when compared to the Gixxer
- Yamaha FZ-16 vs. Yamaha Fazer - The FZ-16 is cheaper in price when compared to the Fazer
- Yamaha FZ-16 vs. Bajaj Pulsar - The FZ-16 has a more powerful engine if compared with the Pulsar
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Yamaha FZ-16
If you are also a buyer who is considering purchasing this motorcycle, then do not forget to think about the below factors as well, before arriving at your final decision.
- Appealing and attractive design
- Excellent aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
- Easy availability of spare parts for the bike
- Highly admirable fuel economy under challenging conditions
- Superb all round performance
One of the most noticeable disadvantages of the Yamaha FZ-16 might be its heavy built stature, which may be slightly uncomfortable for inexperienced riders. However, this is not a significant factor and can be sorted out without too much trouble.
Another disadvantage of this bike can be noted within its high pricing category seen in Sri Lanka. While this might be a turn off for some buyers, the Yamaha FZ-16 does offer a range of facilities to justify its pricing strategy.
10. Where to Find a Yamaha FZ-16 for Sale in Sri Lanka
For a typical buyer who wants to have a Yamaha FZ-16 motorcycle, the best available option is to get in contact with the authorized distributor for the bike brand, the Associated Motorways (Private) Limited. However, the bike is also available through dozens of third party distributors who conduct their business while being based in prominent cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Yamaha FZ-16 for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Yamaha FZ16 Price in Sri Lanka
If your intention is to buy a Yamaha FZ-16, there will be many options available for you in the local market. A used Yamaha FZ-16 in Sri Lanka ranges from 150,000 - 290,000 Rupees based on the year of manufacture whereas an unregistered Yamaha FZ-16 in Sri Lanka can fetch up to 390,000 Rupees.
Yamaha FZ-16 Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Brand New and Uesd Yamaha FZ16 bikes
- Yamaha FZ-16 2014: Rs. 335,000
- Yamaha FZ-16 Version 2.0 Blue Core 2015: Rs. 388,400
- Yamaha FZ-16 2009: Rs. 159,000
- Yamaha FZ-16 2010: Rs. 162,000
- Yamaha FZ-16 2011: Rs. 201,000
- Yamaha FZ-16 2012: Rs. 215,000
- Yamaha FZ-16 2013: Rs. 228,000
- Yamaha FZ-16 2014: Rs. 285,000