Yamaha FZ-S for sale in Sri Lanka
Yamaha FZ-S Review
The Yamaha FZ-S was launched in Sri Lanka targeting the younger generation. The FZ-S is a dynamic, stylish and sporty bike aimed at appealing to the thrill seekers whilst providing practicality as a daily runner. The FZ-S in Sri Lanka looks very similar to the Yamaha FZ16 and the difference between these lies in the cosmetic changes they have made, with the inclusion of new decals, chiseled windshield and aggressive looking headlights.
The New Yamaha FZ-S 2016 is Finally Here
Yamaha FZ-S 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Yamaha FZ-S 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Yamaha FZ-S 2016 compared to the 2015 model will come with a number of newly refined engine specifications.
- The All-New Yamaha Fuel Injection (FI) Engine
- Implementation of Radical Sensors and Actuators
- Optimised Fuel Delivery to the Engine
- Enhanced Performance and Mileage
What are the New Yamaha FZ-S 2016 Standout Features?
The brand new Yamaha FZ-S 2016 will stand out from its competition with improved safety and convenience features.
- Newly Designed Front Disc Brakes
- Combined Expression of a Sports and a Street Bike
- 14-Percent Improvement in Fuel Economy
- Clever and Spacious Rear Under-Seat Storage
What are the Yamaha FZ-S 2016 Design Updates?
The Yamaha FZ-S 2016 will offer newly designed colour options to the riders while also tuning up its masculine looks.
- Four Brand New Colour Options
- Compact and Macho Styling
- Curvy and Comfortable Rear Seat
- Rear Horizontal Aluminium Handle Grab Bars
What is the Yamaha FZ-S 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new Yamaha FZ-S 2016 price in Sri Lanka will depend on its unique trim and the auxiliary features offered.
- Yamaha FZ- S 2016: Rs. 405,900
- Yamaha FZ S Ver 2.0 2016: Rs. 405,900
10 Things to Know When Buying a Yamaha FZ-S motorbike
1. History and Facts about Yamaha FZ-S in Sri Lanka
If you are on the lookout for a 150 cc bike that looks good and performs well, the Yamaha FZ-S will certainly be the right choice for you. The FZ-S in Sri Lanka is equipped with a 12-liter fuel tank, which bears a muscular and unique looking plastic resin cover, which adds to the overall appeal of the bike. The mid-ship muffler and the size 140/60-R17 radial tyres further complements its sporty looks.
Yamaha has also looked in to the practical aspects as well as the aesthetics of this bike. The seat is designed to provide the rider as well as the passenger with a comfortable riding experience. This long seat is designed specifically with the pillion rider in mind. A grab bar is also included, which comes in handy as a backrest and an additional safety measure for the pillion rider.
2. Yamaha FZ-S Specifications: Engine and Performance
The Yamaha FZ-S is an admirably powerful bike that comes with a number of advanced performance related features to move itself forward.
Yamaha FZ S Engine Specs:
- Type: Air cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve
- Size: 150 cc
- Cylinders: Single-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Output: 14 PS @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 13.6 Nm @ 6000 rpm
- Starting System: Electric and kick
- Ignition System: TCI (Transistor controlled ignition)
- Transmission: Constant mesh 5-speed
- Clutch type: Wet, multiple-disc
- Top Speed: 120 km/h
- Acceleration: 5.5 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): (100|80-17M|C (52P) NYLOGRIP ZAPPER-FX1)/ (140|60-R17M|C (63P) revz-Y)
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Telescopic/ Monocross
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Disc/ Drum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 1,990 mm x 770 mm x 1,050 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,330 mm
- Ground Clearance: 160 mm
- Curb Weight: 132 kg
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-seats
3. Yamaha FZ S Fuel Consumption
A 153 cc Air Cooled, 4-stroke engine powers the Yamaha FZ-S, and it is paired with a 5-speed constant mesh transmission system, which follows a one down and four up shift pattern. The bike has both electric and kick starting modes, and has recorded impressive fuel economy figures under Sri Lankan road conditions. On average, the Yamaha FZ-S bike in Colombo does about 40 km/l. Further, it has recorded between 45-48 km/l on highways and long distance trips. The FZ-S is also renowned for its ride comfort which is better than most of its competitors.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Supply: Fuel injection
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 12 L
4. Design and Features of the Yamaha FZ-S
A diamond frame is used in the manufacture of the Yamaha FZ-S. The suspension has been enhanced with Telescopic shock absorbers, and it is further enhanced by using Coil springs at the front and a Swing arm at the back. This configuration proves to be worthwhile on Sri Lankan roads as it is able to absorb the effects of bumps and potholes that you might encounter on day-to-day rides. The bike is also equipped with disc brakes at the front and a drum at the rear making it capable of coping with sudden and abrupt halts.
Exterior Features: Headlight, Turn Signal Lights, Multi-Function Instrument Panel, Tachometer, Odometer, Single Trip Meter, Fuel Level Indicator, ECO Lamp, Separate Seat, Under-Seat Storage, Exhaust Muffler, Handle Grab Bars, Fuel Tank, Rear Mudguard, Front Mudguard, and Passenger Foot Rests.
5. Available Color Options of Yamaha FZ-S in Sri Lanka
Matt Green, Wolf Gray, Alligator Green, Viper Black, Shark White
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of the Yamaha FZS motorbike?
As a reasonably powerful bike, the Yamaha FZ-S also comes with a number of safety and security related features to keep its two passengers safe while on the road.
- Broad Puncture Resistant Radial Tyres
- Perfectly Mated Advanced Suspensions
- Easy To Grasp Aluminum Handle Grab Bars
- Front Disc Brakes
- Exhaust Guard
- Long Wheelbase
- Rear View Mirrors
7. What are the Standout Elements of Yamaha FZ-S ?
One of the key standout elements of the Yamaha FZ-S is its 150 cc engine, which is capable of generating a commendable amount of power and torque whilst staying true to its promise of being sporty.
The trendy full liquid crystal display meters of the Yamaha FZ-S should also be noted, as it helps to enhance the appeal and provide riders with all the necessary statistics at a glance.
8. Yamaha Fz-S Compared To Other Motorbikes in Sri Lanka
The Yamaha FZ-S can easily be compared with the Hero Hunk, the Bajaj Pulsar and the Honda CB Trigger, which all have the same engine capacity and are widely available in Sri Lanka.
- Yamaha FZ-S vs. Hero Hunk - The FZ-S has a more powerful engine when compared with the Hunk
- Yamaha FZ-S vs. Bajaj Pulsar - The FZ-S has a higher top speed when compared with the Pulsar
- Yamaha FZ-S vs. Honda CB Trigger - The FZ-S is cheaper in price if compared with the Trigger
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Yamaha FZ-S motorcycle
If you are now thinking about buying this attractive looking bike, then also remember to consider the following aspects of this two-wheeler, before arriving at your final decision.
- Attractive sporty design
- Highly admirable fuel economy for its class
- Good aftermarket value in the country
- Wide availability of spare parts
- Superb power output for the engine size
Without a doubt, one of the key disadvantages of this bike can be recognized as its relatively high price margin in Sri Lanka, compared to some of its other competitors. However, Yamaha FZ-S offers a solid ride and advanced features to justify its price category.
For inexperienced riders, the slightly higher weight of this motorcycle might be a bit uncomfortable aspect when using at the beginning. Nevertheless, it is easy to get used to after riding for a while.
10. Where to Find a Yamaha FZ-S for Sale in Sri Lanka?
Currently, the best option available for a buyer who is searching for a Yamaha FZ-S is to get in contact with the authorized dealer for the brand in Sri Lanka, the Associated Motorways (Private) Limited. Regardless of that, if you are looking for a used or reconditioned bike, then also consider getting in contact with the dozens of third party distributors who are located in various cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Yamaha FZ-S for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Yamaha FZ S Bike Price in Sri Lanka
If you choose to buy a Yamaha FZ-S, you will be happy to know that there are a range of used FZ-S and unregistered FZ-S bikes available in Sri Lanka. Used Yamaha FZ-S bikes in Sri Lanka will cost between 120,000 - 320,000 Rupees, while an unregistered Yamaha FZ-S bike in Sri Lanka will cost between 350,000 - 390,000 Rupees (as of 2015).
Yamaha FZ-S Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Yamaha FZ-S
- Yamaha FZ-S 2009: Rs. 180,000
- Yamaha FZ-S 2010: Rs. 185,000
- Yamaha FZ-S 2011: Rs. 195,000
- Yamaha FZ-S 2012: Rs. 200,000
- Yamaha FZ-S 2013: Rs. 210,000
- Yamaha FZ-S Version 2.0 2014: Rs. 220,000
- Yamaha FZ-S Version 2.0 2015: Rs. 387,500